Added Dec 4, 2011
This knit top barely resembles the Burda pattern I started out with. The problem was that I wanted to add a peter pan collar to it and failed miserably (as I always do when I try to make a peter pan collar.) In the end, I chopped off the neckline about three times (thus making this boatneck a Titanic-sized boatneck) and did some reconstructive work. I added a front panel from the leftovers of my last project, the Billowy Blouse. As well, I gathered the front, shortened the sleeves, the overall length, and added contrasting sleeve cuffs.
I didn’t have a photographer on hand and engaged the assistance of local logs and branches.
I wrote some more about the project on my blog
Knit, cotton; polyester
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.