Added Apr 14, 2008
I found a goldmine of fabric in my mom’s basement, and there was a lot of this very stretchy, very heavy black-and-teal knit fabric. I decided to make an Anda dress out of it. Like my other casual dress I posted, I wasn’t able to print out the pattern (not because of the website, but a lack of paper in my house) so I just traced a shirt that looked similar to the Anda bodice and turned it into a dress shape. In general I had a lot of problems making this dress. Well, maybe not problems, but surprises! while sewing the knit fabric I put it on a stitch for stretch fabrics, but did not expect it to ruffle the neckline and the hem. the front neckline stretched out so much that I now just turn it over to form a sort of collar, and I really like the ruffly bottom. It also slipped right off my shoulders with the weight of the fabric so I had to make the neck hole much smaller than I’d orignally had it. so even though it didn’t turn out how I’d expected, I like the end result and it still only took me an afternoon to make!
heavy, stretch knit fabric
my mom (for her fabric)
burdastyle.com member Flowerhead (for teaching me how to make an elastic casing!)
Meg's Magazine Mash Up 2014
Take a look at Meg's 2014 Mash Ups, and get the special pattern bundle that includes them all
Register today and get 20% off with a coupon code
Join Meg Healy in this 6 Week Course, we have just re-opened enrollment for a limited time!
Check out the top four finalists, and vote on your favorite dress
Check out these new 2015 patterns and cozy up to these wintery designs
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.