Added Apr 20, 2009
Patrones No. 269, #36 (Lasserre) pattern.
I altered the dress – narrowed down the bodice in the waist area and added back darts. Also, I cropped the bodice a bit, due to my short torso. I altered the skirt part – the original pattern has 4 waist pleats on front and 4 on the back side. I made one big pleat on each side, I thought it looked better on me that way.
The dress is fully lined.
I used very cheap cotton, it cost me approx. 5 euros!
Fashion fabric: cotton with print
Lining, belt and collar: thin white cotton
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.