Added Mar 10, 2012
My third go at pixelink’s Kimono Tee pattern, this time using the satin left over from The wedding dress project
I used the matte ‘wrong side’ of the satin fabric to make most of the tee, using the shiny satin side only at the collar and for some of the patch pocket. I used a self-made bias binding from the shiny satin, for the neckline. Unfortunately, the bias neckline puckered and does not sit flat (boo.) I drafted the patch pocket from scratch and added a buttonhole closure. The vintage shell button was sourced from Mum’s collection. Again, I omitted the bottom casing and drawstring tie, and instead shortened the tee and added a 2cm hem.
Ivory satin (matte ‘wrong side’ used) from Tessutti Fabrics; Shell button; Thread
One of the most beloved American designers passed last night. We look back at a few of his designs.
Fashion & Trends
Shop top selling silk patterns, just in time for Thursday's web seminar.
Dress up outerwear with deep shawl collars and sew up a lovely fitted dress with a flounced hemline.
Comment To Win
Share your top fabric care tips for a chance to be in the magazine, and to get the issue for free!
See one of the techniques you'll learn in November's Fabric Design course.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.