Added Mar 10, 2012
My third go at pixelink’s Kimono Tee pattern, this time using the satin left over from The wedding dress project
I used the matte ‘wrong side’ of the satin fabric to make most of the tee, using the shiny satin side only at the collar and for some of the patch pocket. I used a self-made bias binding from the shiny satin, for the neckline. Unfortunately, the bias neckline puckered and does not sit flat (boo.) I drafted the patch pocket from scratch and added a buttonhole closure. The vintage shell button was sourced from Mum’s collection. Again, I omitted the bottom casing and drawstring tie, and instead shortened the tee and added a 2cm hem.
Ivory satin (matte ‘wrong side’ used) from Tessutti Fabrics; Shell button; Thread
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
Flaunt your sewing skills as well as your fab fashion sense in these modern, head-turning designs
Watch Meg's promo of our upcoming course! It is the future of at-home pattern drafting...
Pattern of the Week
The oversized shape has a cool bell shaped silhouette with a wide body and fitted sleeves
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.