Added Mar 10, 2012
My third go at pixelink’s Kimono Tee pattern, this time using the satin left over from The wedding dress project
I used the matte ‘wrong side’ of the satin fabric to make most of the tee, using the shiny satin side only at the collar and for some of the patch pocket. I used a self-made bias binding from the shiny satin, for the neckline. Unfortunately, the bias neckline puckered and does not sit flat (boo.) I drafted the patch pocket from scratch and added a buttonhole closure. The vintage shell button was sourced from Mum’s collection. Again, I omitted the bottom casing and drawstring tie, and instead shortened the tee and added a 2cm hem.
Ivory satin (matte ‘wrong side’ used) from Tessutti Fabrics; Shell button; Thread
Member Project of the Week
Clothingengineer made a classic trench in Pantone's 2014 color of the year. Take a look!
Fashion and Trends
Check out this post all on menswear, and see how Meg was inspired to create her own men's shirts!
Learn how to set your serger up for sewing a rolled hem in this week's new BurdaStyle Video!
Perfect the art of sewing collars and stands, including tricks you won't find in books or patterns!
Sip cocktails by the fire in faux fur, patterned silks, and more luxurious fabrics.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.