Added Mar 10, 2012
My third go at pixelink’s Kimono Tee pattern, this time using the satin left over from The wedding dress project
I used the matte ‘wrong side’ of the satin fabric to make most of the tee, using the shiny satin side only at the collar and for some of the patch pocket. I used a self-made bias binding from the shiny satin, for the neckline. Unfortunately, the bias neckline puckered and does not sit flat (boo.) I drafted the patch pocket from scratch and added a buttonhole closure. The vintage shell button was sourced from Mum’s collection. Again, I omitted the bottom casing and drawstring tie, and instead shortened the tee and added a 2cm hem.
Ivory satin (matte ‘wrong side’ used) from Tessutti Fabrics; Shell button; Thread
Meg's Magazine Mash Up 2014
Check out Meg's latest mash up and see other BurdaStyle member's variations!
Sporty dresses, oversized cardigans, and easy tops in jersey and knits.
Pattern of the Week
This boho lace top is the perfect piece to start wearing this time of year.
NEW on BurdaStyle Videos!
Becky MacKinnon will guide you through each step of sewing the stylish BurdaStyle Crossover Pant
How to Grow Your Creative Business: Expand Your Portfolio and Reach a New Market
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.