Added Mar 10, 2012
My third go at pixelink’s Kimono Tee pattern, this time using the satin left over from The wedding dress project
I used the matte ‘wrong side’ of the satin fabric to make most of the tee, using the shiny satin side only at the collar and for some of the patch pocket. I used a self-made bias binding from the shiny satin, for the neckline. Unfortunately, the bias neckline puckered and does not sit flat (boo.) I drafted the patch pocket from scratch and added a buttonhole closure. The vintage shell button was sourced from Mum’s collection. Again, I omitted the bottom casing and drawstring tie, and instead shortened the tee and added a 2cm hem.
Ivory satin (matte ‘wrong side’ used) from Tessutti Fabrics; Shell button; Thread
Learn how to to make a pair of leggings from start to finish in this week's new BurdaStyle Video!
Make something special and practical for your friends and family this holiday season!
Be the best dressed party-goer in a satin bustier top, patterned pants, and rosette textured dress.
This Thursday, give your old sweaters fresh life and a new look with our Sweater Rehab web seminar!
Enjoy breakfast with the fam in comfy outfits that still look polished when the cameras come out.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.