Added Mar 10, 2012
My third go at pixelink’s Kimono Tee pattern, this time using the satin left over from The wedding dress project
I used the matte ‘wrong side’ of the satin fabric to make most of the tee, using the shiny satin side only at the collar and for some of the patch pocket. I used a self-made bias binding from the shiny satin, for the neckline. Unfortunately, the bias neckline puckered and does not sit flat (boo.) I drafted the patch pocket from scratch and added a buttonhole closure. The vintage shell button was sourced from Mum’s collection. Again, I omitted the bottom casing and drawstring tie, and instead shortened the tee and added a 2cm hem.
Ivory satin (matte ‘wrong side’ used) from Tessutti Fabrics; Shell button; Thread
Fashion & Trends
Save 50% On 27 Stunning Dress Patterns with the code NYE2014!
Save 40% on some of our most stylish patterns with the code BOXING2014- 12/26/2014 Only!
Sew in the new year with patterns that were 'the' patterns 2014! (we are also putting them on sale)
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.