Added Aug 7, 2011
1.Cut out all pattern pieces in your size, adding seam allowances and hems to your desired length.
2. Pin the front and back (they are the same) pieces of the tank together. Sew the seam.
3. Sew the side seams of the tank pieces. (When you cut two of the tank, these are for the front AND back.
4. Pin wrong side of yoke to wrong side of tank. Sew seam.
5. Sew skirt pieces together.
6. Add bottom layer (longer piece)of skirt to top layer, with wrong side of top layer to right side of bottom layer. Sew seam
7. Gather Skirt
8. Pin skirt to tank. Sew seam.
9. Hem both layers of skirt.
One of the most beloved American designers passed last night. We look back at a few of his designs.
Fashion & Trends
Shop top selling silk patterns, just in time for Thursday's web seminar.
Dress up outerwear with deep shawl collars and sew up a lovely fitted dress with a flounced hemline.
Comment To Win
Share your top fabric care tips for a chance to be in the magazine, and to get the issue for free!
See one of the techniques you'll learn in November's Fabric Design course.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.