Added Jul 31, 2011
Mi, Michigan, Un...
I made this tunic during the first couple of weeks in July. The details of this shirt made it the most challenging sewing project I’ve completed so far. This was my first project with buttonholes — it has nine of them! The drawstring was a nightmare to turn right-side-out, despite the clever method I attempted to use. The front-side seams were challenging as well because of the differing curves of the two pieces. Overall, it was a challenging and fulfilling project. This is now one of my favorite shirts in my closet! The pattern I used is Simplicity 2365, option D.
Cotton fabric, light-weight fusible interfacing, seven 5/8" buttons
Save 40% on some of our most stylish patterns with the code BOXING2014
Sew in the new year with patterns that were 'the' patterns 2014! (we are also putting them on sale)
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
Flaunt your sewing skills as well as your fab fashion sense in these modern, head-turning designs
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.