Added Sep 15, 2009
This was my major work for textiles at school
It’s a costume for Juliet from Romeo & Juliet by Shakespeare
The corset and black skirt are worn under the dress.
I used McCall’s 4997 for the dress, and fitted it to the bodice which I made from the pattern I got from the NIDA corset making short course.
Dress – Linen/ Cotton, hand dyed pink/red then dyed the bottom purple. the Binding was put on after all the dying.
Corset – Drill Cotton, plasic immitation boning.
The underskirt was really just a quick polypop skirt that I threw together.
All the closings use eyelets and lacing.
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
Flaunt your sewing skills as well as your fab fashion sense in these modern, head-turning designs
Watch Meg's promo of our upcoming course! It is the future of at-home pattern drafting...
Pattern of the Week
The oversized shape has a cool bell shaped silhouette with a wide body and fitted sleeves
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.