Added Dec 28, 2009
I created this costume using a vintage 80’s wedding dress as a base. It was for a masquerade party aboard a ship sailing around the Hudson and East rivers this past November. There was a giant tulle skirt as the bottom part of the dress; I took the top two layers to make the head of the jellyfish, while the rest formed the base of the tentacles. The top part of the dress I covered with the plaid satin. (Underneath is a corset style bodice complete with boning/beading/the works.) We talked about trying to make it a full-sized jellyfish with the head being where the wearer’s head would be but it proved to be too much work (I only had 4 days to finish it!). The overcoat already existed, but I added a collar piece to have it match the dress better.
Polyester satin, tulle, lace, spandex, taffetta
Learn the skills you need to create a pant pattern that fits beautifully
Pattern of the Week
Show a little leg in this sexy skirt with a thigh high slit!
In this Flagship Kit for only $19.99
The kids are sure to steal the show in this charming collection of classic, elegant pieces.
Member Project of the Week
She made this dress for her high school graduation, and it looks fab!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.