Added Dec 24, 2010
Wellington, New ...
The January dress from my 12 Months of Dresses project. (Yes, it’s been nearly a year since I made this, and I’ve only just gotten around to getting a photo of it. Oops!)
Made from a re-released 1957 Butterick pattern. (B4792.)
Slightly unusual pattern – the shoulder straps join at the center front, and the front bodice and it’s lining are folded over the top to create the gathered neckline.
If (when) I make this up again, I’d use a much lighter lining fabric, as the bodice front sits a bit too stiffly for the pattern. (I used a poplin lining – next time I’ll use a taffeta instead.)
One day I’ll get around to making the belt in the same fabric to go with it, but in the meantime it’s getting paired with a blue belt from another dress. :-)
Craft cotton, with a poplin lining on the front bodice.
We're taking a sneak peak at the upcoming fashion design course.
This classic autumn collection has designs inspired by the Scottish countryside.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up 2014
Sew with Meg & see her final steps in sewing the cape & also see a sneak peek of Meg's new course!
Member Project of the Week
Check out this preppy fall style.
Read this funny post and watch the video to learn more about why this web seminar is great for you!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.