Added Jul 14, 2009
This is a wearable muslin of the Ute blouse. I wanted to test the neckline since I was afraid it might gap too much on my small bust. However, I didn’t change the front of it at all.
I did a sway back adjustment, which removed the gap in the neck area and made the blouse fit me better. I had to crop the length of the collar a bit, since the fold line was moved by few centimeters.
I shortened the sleeves too. I used the original sleeve length to make all in one sleeve cuffs – hence I omitted the original pattern cuffs.
Finally, I shortened the blouse by 6-7cm since it was too long.
I love the blouse and I’ll make a new one from two fabrics in contrasting prints.
Check out these festive sewing patterns just in time for Oktoberfest
Fashion & Trends
All the fall trouser sewing inspiration you need.
Pattern of the Week
This jacket is a mix of mod and military and will change the look of any outfit!
Go far afield in this collection of bib dresses, waistcoats, and wool jackets in textured fall fabri
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this jean alteration technique and find out how you can learn more!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.