Added Jul 14, 2009
This is a wearable muslin of the Ute blouse. I wanted to test the neckline since I was afraid it might gap too much on my small bust. However, I didn’t change the front of it at all.
I did a sway back adjustment, which removed the gap in the neck area and made the blouse fit me better. I had to crop the length of the collar a bit, since the fold line was moved by few centimeters.
I shortened the sleeves too. I used the original sleeve length to make all in one sleeve cuffs – hence I omitted the original pattern cuffs.
Finally, I shortened the blouse by 6-7cm since it was too long.
I love the blouse and I’ll make a new one from two fabrics in contrasting prints.
Twists on feminine classics, like a bold patterned shift dress and pants with a racing stripe.
Member Project of the Week
Short jackets like this zebra print bomber by Anniemollison are a must for spring.
The latest pattern bundle features nine vintage reissues from the 50s and 60s.
Pick one of 5 patterns for a new kind of sew along
Fashion & Trends
See steps on how Meg sewed herself a transitional Jersey suit using colorful jerseys!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.