Added Jul 14, 2009
This is a wearable muslin of the Ute blouse. I wanted to test the neckline since I was afraid it might gap too much on my small bust. However, I didn’t change the front of it at all.
I did a sway back adjustment, which removed the gap in the neck area and made the blouse fit me better. I had to crop the length of the collar a bit, since the fold line was moved by few centimeters.
I shortened the sleeves too. I used the original sleeve length to make all in one sleeve cuffs – hence I omitted the original pattern cuffs.
Finally, I shortened the blouse by 6-7cm since it was too long.
I love the blouse and I’ll make a new one from two fabrics in contrasting prints.
Fashion & Trends
While Sewing Their Own Halloween Costume (in GIFs!)
Member Project of the Week
Rwest1014's created this gorgeous skirt to wear Halloween after Halloween.
Comment To Win
Get your copy of BurdaStyle Modern Sewing: Wardrobe Essentials today!
Meg's Magazine Mash Up 2014
See the pattern that Meg chose to Mash Up next and how you can sew along (she chose one on sale)!
Meet the colorful personality behind Whip-Stitch.com, 4 kids, and the Flat Patternmaking course!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.