Added Jul 14, 2009
This is a wearable muslin of the Ute blouse. I wanted to test the neckline since I was afraid it might gap too much on my small bust. However, I didn’t change the front of it at all.
I did a sway back adjustment, which removed the gap in the neck area and made the blouse fit me better. I had to crop the length of the collar a bit, since the fold line was moved by few centimeters.
I shortened the sleeves too. I used the original sleeve length to make all in one sleeve cuffs – hence I omitted the original pattern cuffs.
Finally, I shortened the blouse by 6-7cm since it was too long.
I love the blouse and I’ll make a new one from two fabrics in contrasting prints.
Sewing & Techniques
Our popular swimsuit sloper is now available in PLUS size!
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.