Added Jul 14, 2009
This is a wearable muslin of the Ute blouse. I wanted to test the neckline since I was afraid it might gap too much on my small bust. However, I didn’t change the front of it at all.
I did a sway back adjustment, which removed the gap in the neck area and made the blouse fit me better. I had to crop the length of the collar a bit, since the fold line was moved by few centimeters.
I shortened the sleeves too. I used the original sleeve length to make all in one sleeve cuffs – hence I omitted the original pattern cuffs.
Finally, I shortened the blouse by 6-7cm since it was too long.
I love the blouse and I’ll make a new one from two fabrics in contrasting prints.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
No need to go outside… spend the morning in dolled up in this collection of vintage style pajamas.
BurdaStyle Magazine US
Get an inside look at the patterns from the first 4 issues of BurdaStyle US
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.