It was a trial !

Added Apr 18, 2013

by katensew

Nr Blackpool, Un...

10th_aug_on_holiday_thumb

Views

640

It_was_a_trial_2_large

Description

I made this "trial " dress usibg Simplicity K2444 – as I wish to make it up in more expensive fabric. Now I had lots of alterations to make ! the shoulders needed lifting – then of course the neckline and armhole had to be lowered – this affected the neck facings and cape collar. I decided to make armhole facings ( the instructions gave a bias edging). having made it the waist needed lifted – but just at the very front. The fabric was not conducive to pinning nor basting – nor for that matter machine stitching ! I used a very fine machine needle and had to change it twice as it blunted. The hem was a nightmare to slip hem- even with a fine hand needle ! Anyway I am pleased with the result – which I finished off with a tie belt and a bolero top.

Material Notes

Charity shop find – 100% polyester for both fabrics – I still have lots of the rust colour left – at a cost of £1.99 each piece. Very satisfying even if it was difficult to sew !!

Difficulty

Novice

Categories

Season
Summer
For
Women
Garment Type
Dress
Style
Romantic
Material
Polyester

2 Comments Sign in to add a post

  • Nz_dec_2005_021_large

    Apr 18, 2013, 08.39 PMby sleepy-dumpling

    It’s a really lovely dress. The fabric is pretty and I like the contrasting jacket.

    1 Reply
    • 10th_aug_on_holiday_large

      Apr 19, 2013, 10.13 AMby katensew

      Thank you – hopefully the “proper” version ( when made ) will prove easier to work with.

  • _34_large

    Apr 18, 2013, 12.52 PMby liliv-1

    This fabric is gorgeous!

    1 Reply
    • 10th_aug_on_holiday_large

      Apr 19, 2013, 10.13 AMby katensew

      Thank you – now looking forward to making the “proper” version in linen look polyester. ( When I get round to it ! )

    • This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Add to Favorites 2 people added it

Burdastyle

http://burdastyle.com//projects/it-was-a-trial