Added Aug 8, 2014
♫ ♪ Inhaler
Here’s the last of my work dresses for archaeological excavations.. The pattern I used for this dress is the same as a pattern I already used for my first Stylish while digging dress.. Just made a couple of changes.. The pattern is #125 from Burda 06/2012.. This time I didn’t make drawstring shoulder seams, just regular seams.. I added a waist tie and pockets.. While cutting the fabric for front pieces, I made a big mistake because I was in a hurry.. As you can see, the fabric pattern is not symmetric, it’s a little off grain.. Usually, with prints, I cut every piece separate, so the pattern would fall in its place.. This time, I was cutting two layers at the same time, and you can see the result.. I didn’t place correctly the fabric that was under, or it has moved.. It’s a bit difficult to hold rayon in one place.. After that irritating mistake, the back I’ve made perfectly as I could.. In the end, this dress is meant to survive dust, sweat and tears on summer archaeological campaigns..
For more photos you can visit my blog ..
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
No need to go outside… spend the morning in dolled up in this collection of vintage style pajamas.
BurdaStyle Magazine US
Get an inside look at the patterns from the first 4 issues of BurdaStyle US
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.