Added Sep 3, 2010
Most ambitious project yet. Made from black cotton sateen (big mistake as it picks up hairs/ fluff like nobody’s business! Bad news at home where we have 3 dogs and 1 cat!), with grey leapardskin satin lining (originally meant to be for pyjamas I think!)
Made following the McCalls 5525 – All details are from view E, but the length of D
Although this has loads of detail, and loads of pattern pieces (ewww), it was actually OK to put together. Again though, I can’t take credit for it all, as this was made during my sewing class. Seriously I need to steal Judi, my teacher and take her home with me when I leave Australia, I will be lost without her.
NB. The pattern for the back yoke was actually cut wrong, so I ended up cutting the fabric wrong so it’s a little wonky. I also found pressing the front a challenge so am considering taking it to the dry cleaners.
black cotton sateen
grey leapardskin lining
Sewing & Techniques
Our popular swimsuit sloper is now available in PLUS size!
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.