Added Nov 20, 2009
BWOF 1/2008, #108 pattern and an improvisation.
This is the pattern I have used many times, and made a lot of variations on it. This time I wanted to make a simple shirt, with a bib cut on bias. I was so sure the fit of the shirt was right, and therefore I didn’t try the shirt while sewing it, but only after is was completed. But – it turned out it was too tight in shoulders and bust (???). I don’t know what happened – I used the same size as I always did.
To save the blouse, I improvised a bit – I added a button closure inset, which gave enough ease to the bust and shoulders. I had to narrow the waist a bit. Due to the alteration and to make the shirt symmetric, I added 2 rows of buttons.
The shirt turned out nice, I think :).
Save 40% on some of our most stylish patterns with the code BOXING2014
Sew in the new year with patterns that were 'the' patterns 2014! (we are also putting them on sale)
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
Flaunt your sewing skills as well as your fab fashion sense in these modern, head-turning designs
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.