Added May 14, 2012
I found this beautiful turquoise taffeta in Poland last year for a little more than $ 2 a meter! I instantly knew I had finally found the right fabric for this dress, that I have been eyeing since almost two years.
It was the first time I worked with boning tape, but it worked out just fine. There were some tricky parts, so I had to rip a couple of seams before I got them right, but I am pretty pleased with the end result.
I had a lot of fun finishing the seams with my new serger! It makes the garment look much more professional.
The pattern is a BurdaStyle Magazine pattern from March 2010.
taffeta, lining, zipper, boning tape
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
Flaunt your sewing skills as well as your fab fashion sense in these modern, head-turning designs
Watch Meg's promo of our upcoming course! It is the future of at-home pattern drafting...
Pattern of the Week
The oversized shape has a cool bell shaped silhouette with a wide body and fitted sleeves
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.