Added Sep 19, 2012
Bathing Suit made from a McCall’s vintage pattern (8285) from 1966. The pattern was too big and the bust too pointy so I changed the shape to suit my frame better. I also gathered the front at the center and added some decorative buttons. I added a small pocket to the bottoms as well. I made this in the winter for Sew Weekly’s “Down Under” challenge and have only worn it once. I am so not an outdoorsy person!
I used lightweight stretch denim and lined it with spandex in a metallic leopard print. The buttons have anchors on them.
Sewing & Techniques
Our popular swimsuit sloper is now available in PLUS size!
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.