Added Jan 30, 2014
By now I am totally fed up with winter and cold and decided to simply deny it – I accordingly sewed lots of summer dresses in the last few weeks. The first of these pieces is a very simple top that I made of a pretty yet slightly strange fabric with very small eyelets and a suspiciously artificial/plastic flowery print. I used a Burda pattern from March 2013 but omitted the sleeves and made it a lot smaller (I cut out a size 34 or 36 but it was large). I added velvet ribbon applications to make it a bit more interesting.
You can find a few more pictures on my blog, Draped in Cloudlets.
Sewing & Techniques
Our popular swimsuit sloper is now available in PLUS size!
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.