Added May 10, 2010
This pattern is based on the <a href= “http://old.burdastyle.com/patterns/show/3639”>Cape Dracula pattern from the old BurdaStyle site and is the third project in my Make it Work challenge where I plan on sewing one new garment for myself each week.
(If you were not a member prior to the changes and want the pattern please let me know and I would be happy to email it to you)
It is honestly a dream pattern to make up, as I progressed along each step I became more and more pleased with how it was turning out. I made very few modifications to the pattern, for once the shoulder length was perfect for me (normally they are too long by at least 1-1.5cm) but I did add a little at the side seams so that I could wear it over my bulky cardigans without feeling it looked like it was too small for me. I omitted the darts because, well to be honest I was just feeling lazy and wanted to get it made up quickly, after a quick try on I was happy enough without the additional shaping.
I am so happy with it that I already have plans to make a few <a href= “http://utbwb.blogspot.com/2010/05/make-it-work-project-three-superhero.html”>modifications and whip up another.
Our fabulous BurdaStylers of course! Today, save 30% Site-Wide With Code ThankYou14!
Satin takes the stage in this new collection of dresses, skirts, and fluttery tops.
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.