Added Jun 25, 2010
Wellington, New ...
I altered a gorgeous silk chiffon beaded wedding dress (US brand Jovani) for a client and she bought a lovely piece of organza with an embroidered edge for me to turn into a little honeymoon surprise for her new husband.
This was very easy to do and the negligee took about 4 hours, most of this time was appliqueing and changing threads. The g-string took a couple of hours mostly because the ribbon was a bit fiddly, I think I would do it differently in future but I didn’t have time to fit it on the client so making it adjustable with ribbons seemed like the best thing to do.
I didn’t get time to get a photo of the finished g-string but the third photo shows the main peice I made with remnants from the negligee.
Approximately 1.3 metres of embroidered organza
3 metres 6mm ribbon for negligee
Remnants from negligee for g-string
2-3 metres of ribbon (I used 6mm but it might look better a little wider)
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
Flaunt your sewing skills as well as your fab fashion sense in these modern, head-turning designs
Watch Meg's promo of our upcoming course! It is the future of at-home pattern drafting...
Pattern of the Week
The oversized shape has a cool bell shaped silhouette with a wide body and fitted sleeves
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.