Added May 28, 2013
This jacket is a heavy olive brown cotton twill made using the Hikaru Jacket pattern. I lined the jacket with a print lining in the body and taffeta in the sleeves so the jacket would be easier to remove. I added contrast ribbon piping at the front facings where they meet the linings and used brass jolly roger buttons. I also tapered the sleeve openings more than the pattern called for.
I finished this jacket last year and have been wearing it, so it looks a little “lived in” in the pictures. I should press it and take another set of pics.
100% cotton twill, 100% cotton printed broadcloth (body lining), 100% microfiber poly taffeta (sleeve lining)
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.