Added Aug 29, 2012
This is my second swimsuit this summer. My first was a workable muslin I self-drafted based on a Norma Kamali suit. For this effort, I modified the pattern to work as a high waisted bottom, and drafted the top based on a vintage bikini pattern from my stash.
It’s made from a pricey Italian matte tricot and all the seams were reinforced with clear elastic. I used rubber around the waist and leg openings. The bikini top is lined with the same fabric – I used a nude lining for the bottom. Came together super easily; if you want more details you can find photos and further info at my blog.
matte stretch tricot, nude lining, rubber elastic, clear elastic, polyester thread
Pattern of the Week
The oversized shape has a cool bell shaped silhouette with a wide body and fitted sleeves
Stock up on our favorite BurdaStyle patterns sewn in white!
Learn How to Sew Knits Successfully With a Sewing Machine
Join Meg Healy in this 6 Week Course, we have just re-opened enrollment for a limited time!
Meg's Magazine Mash Up 2014
Take a look at Meg's 2014 Mash Ups, and get the special pattern bundle that includes them all
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.