Added Aug 29, 2012
This is my second swimsuit this summer. My first was a workable muslin I self-drafted based on a Norma Kamali suit. For this effort, I modified the pattern to work as a high waisted bottom, and drafted the top based on a vintage bikini pattern from my stash.
It’s made from a pricey Italian matte tricot and all the seams were reinforced with clear elastic. I used rubber around the waist and leg openings. The bikini top is lined with the same fabric – I used a nude lining for the bottom. Came together super easily; if you want more details you can find photos and further info at my blog.
matte stretch tricot, nude lining, rubber elastic, clear elastic, polyester thread
One of the most beloved American designers passed last night. We look back at a few of his designs.
Fashion & Trends
Shop top selling silk patterns, just in time for Thursday's web seminar.
Dress up outerwear with deep shawl collars and sew up a lovely fitted dress with a flounced hemline.
Comment To Win
Share your top fabric care tips for a chance to be in the magazine, and to get the issue for free!
See one of the techniques you'll learn in November's Fabric Design course.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.