Added Aug 29, 2012
This is my second swimsuit this summer. My first was a workable muslin I self-drafted based on a Norma Kamali suit. For this effort, I modified the pattern to work as a high waisted bottom, and drafted the top based on a vintage bikini pattern from my stash.
It’s made from a pricey Italian matte tricot and all the seams were reinforced with clear elastic. I used rubber around the waist and leg openings. The bikini top is lined with the same fabric – I used a nude lining for the bottom. Came together super easily; if you want more details you can find photos and further info at my blog.
matte stretch tricot, nude lining, rubber elastic, clear elastic, polyester thread
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
The lines of Greek architecture inspire this neutral and pastel collection.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's variation of our Drawstring Gym Shorts, and see how she made them high-fashion!
Meet this seamstress, mom, jeans lover, and the instructor of our digital pattern drafting course!
Pattern of the Week
This timeless style ties at the back and looks stunning at formal events
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.