Added Aug 29, 2012
This is my second swimsuit this summer. My first was a workable muslin I self-drafted based on a Norma Kamali suit. For this effort, I modified the pattern to work as a high waisted bottom, and drafted the top based on a vintage bikini pattern from my stash.
It’s made from a pricey Italian matte tricot and all the seams were reinforced with clear elastic. I used rubber around the waist and leg openings. The bikini top is lined with the same fabric – I used a nude lining for the bottom. Came together super easily; if you want more details you can find photos and further info at my blog.
matte stretch tricot, nude lining, rubber elastic, clear elastic, polyester thread
Sip cocktails by the fire in faux fur, patterned silks, and more luxurious fabrics.
Fashion & Trends
See our picks for holiday parties, from brunch to a New Year's Eve bash!
Make something special and practical for your friends and family this holiday season!
Pattern of the Week
This slim-fit dress makes a perfect cocktail dress for this time of year!
Sweet dresses, an outfit for a doll, and cute embellishments are fun for the holidays!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.