Added May 19, 2012
Los Angeles, Cal...
I finally bit the bullet and decided to tackle pants. Okay, shorts, but same idea. I used a vintage pants pattern that came with a convenient alterations guide, made a hideous first muslin, modified my pattern a lot, then made this second, wearable muslin. I like how the high waist keeps the shorts from shifting around too much and prevents any unintentional underwear-viewing, but I had to break up the expanse of blue a little bit with some tabs and gold buttons.
I learned that pants are simultaneously not as difficult to sew as I thought, and just as tricky to fit as I was afraid of. I’m excited to try again, though, perhaps with an actual fly-front next time!
More details and pictures here.
stretchy cotton twill, 7" zipper, buttons, interfacing
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
Flaunt your sewing skills as well as your fab fashion sense in these modern, head-turning designs
Watch Meg's promo of our upcoming course! It is the future of at-home pattern drafting...
Pattern of the Week
The oversized shape has a cool bell shaped silhouette with a wide body and fitted sleeves
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.