Helena Skirt: A New Pattern Download!
Added Sep 17, 2010
New York, New Yo...
The Helena skirt is a brand new pattern download created by BurdaStyle member Sarah Magill. This adaptable skirt pattern would drape wonderfully in denim, cotton, twill or tweed. Take Sarah’s cue from her sketches and try the skirt with front pockets and buttons, or for an easier project eliminate the front button placket and cut the front of the skirt on the fold.
Perfect for the weather right now, you can wear this skirt with tights or leggings, with your favorite rock t-shirt, a vintage blouse or a cute jacket. We find this skirt pattern so versatile, that depending on the fabric used, the shape really works for a lot of different fashion personalities and styles. Have fun with it!
1.25m 150cm OR 1.5m 115cm (1.3 yds 65” OR 1.6 yds 45”) fabric
• 6-8 buttons
• Thread (matching or contrasting)
• Interfacing (for waistband)
Cotton twill, denim, chambray, medium to heavy linen, corduroy, needlecord, plaid, tweed
- Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
- Garment Type
- Bohemian, Casual, Classic, Goth/Gothic Lolita, Mod, Preppy, Rock
- Cotton, Blends, Denim, Suiting, Velvet
- Pattern Creator
- Creative Director of BurdaStyle Featured Projects