Heidi in Roses
Added Mar 9, 2010
Brooklyn, New Yo...
I altered the heidi pattern a bit. I made it a boat neckline and extended the darts to just below my bust, which (unintentionally) gives some definition to the bust. I think this would only work with fabric with some stretch, like this one. I added some width in the front skirt to accomodate my hips, and moved the center front tuck to the side. I also changed the back skirt tucks into darts, and extended them 1.5 inches each.
The back bodice still has some blousiness, which I hope to eliminate in the next iteration of this pattern.
stretch cotton twill