Added Nov 4, 2012
after cutting the fabric, i just realized that the heart prints on the middle front and middle back of the top are in completely wrong directions, LOL. but so what… i decided that the top looks cuter that way. :D
for some reason i couldn’t make the neckline look nice at all (maybe it had to do with the fact that the fabric i used was polyester satin…), so while i was pondering how to fix the problem, i remembered that i had always wanted to put remnants of my pleated tulle fabric as a collar one day. i decided to sew bias tape on the neckline first, and then attached the pleated tulle on top of it.
i love how it came out, and when i wore it today to a brunch with my husband’s grandparents, they both made compliments on the top!
1.2m of polyester satin,
55cm invisible zipper,
about 70cm of bias tape,
about 12cm wide x 1.5m long of pleated tulle
Plan a weekend getaway in these sweater dresses and furry accessories.
Member Project of the Week
Clothingengineer made a classic trench in Pantone's 2014 color of the year. Take a look!
Fashion and Trends
Check out this post all on menswear, and see how Meg was inspired to create her own men's shirts!
Learn how to set your serger up for sewing a rolled hem in this week's new BurdaStyle Video!
Perfect the art of sewing collars and stands, including tricks you won't find in books or patterns!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.