Added Nov 4, 2012
after cutting the fabric, i just realized that the heart prints on the middle front and middle back of the top are in completely wrong directions, LOL. but so what… i decided that the top looks cuter that way. :D
for some reason i couldn’t make the neckline look nice at all (maybe it had to do with the fact that the fabric i used was polyester satin…), so while i was pondering how to fix the problem, i remembered that i had always wanted to put remnants of my pleated tulle fabric as a collar one day. i decided to sew bias tape on the neckline first, and then attached the pleated tulle on top of it.
i love how it came out, and when i wore it today to a brunch with my husband’s grandparents, they both made compliments on the top!
1.2m of polyester satin,
55cm invisible zipper,
about 70cm of bias tape,
about 12cm wide x 1.5m long of pleated tulle
Behind the seams with Marina von Koenig Part 2
Get all 11 of these retro inspired patterns for one low price!
Pattern of the Week
Hippie meets grunge in this plaid top with flared sleeves and a round neckline.
Leopard and snakeskin are the new neutrals.
Member Project of the Week
Peneloping's hand beaded frock is a real stunner.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.