Added Nov 4, 2012
after cutting the fabric, i just realized that the heart prints on the middle front and middle back of the top are in completely wrong directions, LOL. but so what… i decided that the top looks cuter that way. :D
for some reason i couldn’t make the neckline look nice at all (maybe it had to do with the fact that the fabric i used was polyester satin…), so while i was pondering how to fix the problem, i remembered that i had always wanted to put remnants of my pleated tulle fabric as a collar one day. i decided to sew bias tape on the neckline first, and then attached the pleated tulle on top of it.
i love how it came out, and when i wore it today to a brunch with my husband’s grandparents, they both made compliments on the top!
1.2m of polyester satin,
55cm invisible zipper,
about 70cm of bias tape,
about 12cm wide x 1.5m long of pleated tulle
Learn the skills you need to create a pant pattern that fits beautifully
Pattern of the Week
Show a little leg in this sexy skirt with a thigh high slit!
In this Flagship Kit for only $19.99
The kids are sure to steal the show in this charming collection of classic, elegant pieces.
Member Project of the Week
She made this dress for her high school graduation, and it looks fab!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.