Added Nov 4, 2012
after cutting the fabric, i just realized that the heart prints on the middle front and middle back of the top are in completely wrong directions, LOL. but so what… i decided that the top looks cuter that way. :D
for some reason i couldn’t make the neckline look nice at all (maybe it had to do with the fact that the fabric i used was polyester satin…), so while i was pondering how to fix the problem, i remembered that i had always wanted to put remnants of my pleated tulle fabric as a collar one day. i decided to sew bias tape on the neckline first, and then attached the pleated tulle on top of it.
i love how it came out, and when i wore it today to a brunch with my husband’s grandparents, they both made compliments on the top!
1.2m of polyester satin,
55cm invisible zipper,
about 70cm of bias tape,
about 12cm wide x 1.5m long of pleated tulle
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
The lines of Greek architecture inspire this neutral and pastel collection.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's variation of our Drawstring Gym Shorts, and see how she made them high-fashion!
Meet this seamstress, mom, jeans lover, and the instructor of our digital pattern drafting course!
Pattern of the Week
This timeless style ties at the back and looks stunning at formal events
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.