Added May 2, 2012
This shirt is a combination of two patterns I have used before. Simplicity 2652 provided the base, but it would have been way too wide for a simple shirt, so I brought in all the darts from my favourite pattern, McCalls 5929. The print on the fabric is actually all little hearts. That look was a little too cutsey for me, so I cut out the pieces with the fabric up-side down. You can read more about this project on my blog, Experiments and Accidents
Sewing & Techniques
Our popular swimsuit sloper is now available in PLUS size!
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.