Added Jul 29, 2013
I made this dress as a fitting test trial run in an inexpensive polyester in hopes to make it in silk. It is Burda 7231 pattern. I like this dress a lot for the halter style, the open back and the side front slit on the skirt. I am glad I made it first in this inexpensive yet wearable material as I would like to lengthen the skirt, adjust the hip/thigh area for a better fit on me, and make the halter fit a little looser around the armhole and less gaping in the front. I made the side seams French seams and shortened the slit 5 inches so that is was not too open.
This pattern was fast and easy to construct. I hope to make it again soon in a lovely silk with the few changes I mentioned as it kind of a sexy dress and a dream to wear!
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.