Grow w/ Me Ren Faire Bodice & Skirt

Added Jul 19, 2008

by lazystitch80

Imler, Pennsylva...

47b868e30cfa72e581b3b2c330fabf738430bc08_thumb

Views

677

20c54e055f294dfb5582ffde8dfe91acc7bec46e_large

Description

I made this in 2005 from a dress I had made my daughter three years prior.
I ripped the sleeve seams, removed the sleeves w/ lining (for bodice) cut the dress straight across the top, sewed over a 1 inch hem at the top and ran a cord through for drawstring skirt. The sleeves I ended up cutting into rectangular panels; 4 from the green cotton (2 from each sleeve) and one from the red velvet sleeve lining. I sewed them together, hemmed it, put four grommets up each side in the back for lacing purposes. We tried it on her and that’s when I realized I needed to add the lace straps.
The whole thing was a little too big for her but the long sleeved shirt underneath helped and now it fits great!

Material Notes

green cotton and crushed velvet stretchy material (red), altered McCalls pattern (for original dress), eight grommets, cream 1/8" ribbon for lacing, 1/4" cord for drawstring, and 1ft of 1" maroon lace.

Difficulty

Novice

Categories

Credits

my Mom

My husband

My daughter

for purchasing the original pattern (1995)

for putting up w/ little bits of material and pins everywhere…:)

for being so still and excited to wear the finnished costume!

1 Comment Sign in to add a post

  • 47b868e30cfa72e581b3b2c330fabf738430bc08_large

    Jul 19, 2008, 04.58 PMby lazystitch80

    first pic 2005 second pic taken 2006 you can see fit is tighter & third pic also taken 2006 shows lacing

    • This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Add to Favorites 1 person added it

Burdastyle

http://burdastyle.com//projects/grow-w-me-ren-faire-bodice-skirt