Added Aug 20, 2008
Farwell, Texas, ...
Because other members said the pants ran large, I made a muslin tracing of the back piece of a pair of pants I own that fits me well, and compared that to the back pattern piece. The crotch curve matched, but the side seam was about 1/2" smaller, so I shaved 1/2" off of the side pieces (front and back) of the pattern. I sewed the side seams with a 5/8" seam, and found that over the hips, they were a little tight, but the waist fit fine, so I went back and sewed over the hips with a 3/8" seam, tapering back to 5/8 at the waist and legs.
Instead of making buttonholes, I used velcro on the pocket flaps and a flat hook and eye closure at the waist (I think it helps the waist look smoother and more professional). My buttons are only for decoration.
A polyester moleskin (I think)
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
Member Model Challenge
Voting had begun! Vote for your favorite dress to be the next face of a BurdaStyle.com pattern.
Fashion & Trends
See 3 dresses in new prints perfect for this season's transitional weather, plus a chance to win!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.