Added Nov 2, 2011
Jasmine blouse pattern from the autumn patterns of Colette patterns.
My first take on a blouse pattern. I decided that I wanted longer ties, so I lengthened the ties by 10 cm. The fabric is very thin, so I used a satin bias band to finish the neckline instead of a facing. I took the sleeves slightly in and used the cuffs of the other version to finish them. The length was just perfect, since I (almost) never tuck my blouses in. If I did I would add length. After making my first muslin I decided to try to go a size smaller than my measurements indicated on the chart and it still fits perfect! (I added one picture of the second muslin) I definitely recommend making a muslin for this.
I used a synthetic fabric, just because it is so easy to throw it in the washing machine with other stuff. Before cutting the fabric I used cornstarch to make it a bit stiffer. I documented how I did it on my blog http://www.justskirtsanddresses.blogspot.com
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
Flaunt your sewing skills as well as your fab fashion sense in these modern, head-turning designs
Watch Meg's promo of our upcoming course! It is the future of at-home pattern drafting...
Pattern of the Week
The oversized shape has a cool bell shaped silhouette with a wide body and fitted sleeves
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.