Green Seersucker Dress
Added Mar 21, 2010
Made using the Contour Bust dress tute! I sewed a liner for the top half of the dress, basted the two together along the top, and then sewed a bit of 1.25" bias tape along the top to finish it off. I top-stitched along the middle of the bust, as recommended by the tutorial, but also top-stitched the seam of the gathered skirt to the bodice, to keep the volume around the ribs lower. The dress was a ~60" by 26" rectangle, machine basted and gathered around the bodice piece. I only used about a yard and a half/yard and a quarter of the outer fabric and about a yard of liner (I used some of the lining fabric to make a muslin). The pattern supplied by the tutorial was far too large in the bust area, so I ended up modifying the pattern to fit my small bust and rib line. I think it came out well!
Purchased: 2 yds Green/White seersucker (60" wide); 2 yds Cotton Batiste (45" wide); 14" zipper; hook and eyelet closure for top of back.
- Contour Bust Dress and tute