Added Jan 7, 2009
This was one of my school projects last autumn. I made the patterns myself. The collar can be worn in different ways as you see in the pictures. This project took a lot of time but it was worth it :) I covered the buttons myself since I wanted them to be just the right colour. And I also saved money because I bought the buttons at a second hand shop.
Both of the green fabrics are linen. I used wadding to make the coat warm, and basic polyester fabric for lining. I also used interfacing in many parts of the coat.
Try out menswear inspired wardrobe staples, like unconventional jackets and high waisted pants.
Find full size patterns for these, and other gorgeous styles in the spring issue!
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's latest mash up of our Princess Seam Top, and see how she made it into a dress!
Member Project of the Week
Kelerabeus modified our Wool Shorts pattern with adorable scalloped edges.
Check out this step-by-step on sewing our edgy, asymmetrical, paneled dress!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.