Added May 21, 2011
Reggio Emilia, I...
I based this top on a burda pattern that seemed easy and basic enough to add my ideas on it, and it worked!
The top was though to be lined, instead i decided only to add bias at the armholes and at the collar.
Then, i added the cotton lace on the neckline, I’m soooo romantic!
But the cream colour silk i used had spots on it, so i decided to dye it at home with this green that came out wonderfully. The lace too was white.
Unluckily in Italy those liquid colours like RIT you can use cold that i often saw in the US are not available, so I had to use a powder, in boiling water with salt to fasten the colour.
It’s a quite long process but it works well!
silk, cotton lace
Save 40% on some of our most stylish patterns with the code BOXING2014- 12/26/2014 Only!
Sew in the new year with patterns that were 'the' patterns 2014! (we are also putting them on sale)
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
Flaunt your sewing skills as well as your fab fashion sense in these modern, head-turning designs
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.