Added May 28, 2011
I finally made my own swimsuit! This bathing suit was meant to be a muslin but it ended up good enough so I probably wouldn’t sew another. The fabric is dead stock found from my local fabric store for a cheap price.
I shortened the breast insert because the gathers were too much for me. The legs were finished with ordinary elastics since I didn’t have swimwear elastics at hand. Maybe I will change them later.
also blogged here
green swimwear fabrics
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
Flaunt your sewing skills as well as your fab fashion sense in these modern, head-turning designs
Watch Meg's promo of our upcoming course! It is the future of at-home pattern drafting...
Pattern of the Week
The oversized shape has a cool bell shaped silhouette with a wide body and fitted sleeves
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.