Added May 28, 2011
I finally made my own swimsuit! This bathing suit was meant to be a muslin but it ended up good enough so I probably wouldn’t sew another. The fabric is dead stock found from my local fabric store for a cheap price.
I shortened the breast insert because the gathers were too much for me. The legs were finished with ordinary elastics since I didn’t have swimwear elastics at hand. Maybe I will change them later.
also blogged here
green swimwear fabrics
Sewing & Techniques
Say goodbye to skipped stitches and damaged seams!
Fashion & Trends
Flaunt those curves in Kim-approved bombshell looks.
50 Select Red, White, and Blue patterns are 50% off!
Meg got an inside look into our new course, and see why she thinks you need to register too!
Leopard print, stripes, and mod coats for fall.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.